Monday, January 25, 2010

Yes, It's true!

For those of you that have been wondering,

YES, WE ARE MOVING TO DELTA!

Or at least somewhere around there, Oak City, Sutherland, etc. We haven't found a place yet but hopefully soon! We were supposed to be moving to Idaho; we're still moving but now it is to Delta. I'll fill you in on how everything happened:

Tom's company he is currently working for, BCS, asked Tom and I if we would be willing to relocate our family to Pocatello, Idaho for 2 years so that Tom could take care of a job up there. We thought and thought about it and weren't sure if it was something we wanted to do. We would be leaving all of our family, our ward, and our awesome friends here. I felt like it was a good thing because I was ready for a change. Tom didn't agree as much but he said if I felt good about it that we would do it. So on a Friday we met with Tom's boss and told him we would be willing to move, and the date was set for Feb. 1st. That following Tuesday Tom got a phone call from the Power Plant out in Delta asking him to come in for an interview. This is something Tom has been waiting for for over 3 years! In order to work there you have to pass a big test, and the test only comes around every few years. Tom took the test back when we first got married and passed it. Then his name was put on a list of guys that are potential employees so when they need to hire someone they call people from this list. THIS WAS 3 YEARS AGO! So we always kept that option open but after this long we started to wonder it the call would ever come. When Tom got the phone call he was shocked and didn't know what to do since we had just committed to move to Idaho 4 days before. We also didn't know if he would be hired to work for IPP in Springville or Delta either. So at this point everything was up in the air since we could be moving to Idaho, Springville, or Delta. And you know me, I hated not knowing if I needed to pack up my house or leave everything-it was driving me crazy! We prayed about it and talked about it ALOT and decided that if Tom got a job at the Power Plant it would be the best thing for our family to do, and a huge step for the future. Tom interviewed the next Tuesday and was offered the job. :) We were both VERY nervous to talk to his boss at BCS, but we knew that we were making the right choice for our family. At first the news didn't go over well, and it took a day or so for things to cool down. But his boss is a GREAT GUY so he ended up realizing that we were doing what was right for us and he apologized and said if Tom ever needed his job back that it would be there for him. :)

Tom and his family are excited for us to move there. I am excited too but think it is going to be a big adjustment for me! It will be alot more difficult to go shopping! :( But in a way it will be a good thing for me too!

We as a family feel so lucky, grateful, and humbled to have both of these GREAT job opportunities come available in this time of economical hardship in our world. We know the Lord looks our for us and is always there to POUR out his blessings upon us!

So there you have it, we are soon going to be Delta Rabbits!




4 comments:

  1. Reading that almost made me cry:( we are so sad that your moving but we know it will be so good for you guys:) hey it's only 2 hrs away and you know for sure we will be coming down a bunch this summer to go camping and 4-wheeling with you guys :) I will miss going to lunch,shopping and the temple with you !! I'm glad I got to know you and now your one of my BEST FRIENDS :) remember you can call me any time you get lonly just to chat :) love ya my friend :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh... Delta?!? ha ha... You went from being a Wasp to a Rabbit... not sure which one is better! ha ha... good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhaha! You are going to be a rabbit! Good luck with the move. It'll be an adjustment, but you learn to love it. I moved out of it and you're moving in. hahah! take care!

    ReplyDelete